Monday, April 30, 2012
Nice trio of smiling ladies at Larry's Chicken Mole tasting at Guido's Fresh Marketplace in Great Barrington, MA in April.
Guido's manager Liv says she eats Larry's Mole Sauce out of the jar with a spoon. Thanks Liv and thanks Guido's.
I will be back at Guido's later in May for Gluten Free Month. Stay tuned for details.
1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1" chunks
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tblsp. vegetable oil
1 16 oz. jar Larry's Southwestern Chipotle Sauce
1 cup diced zucchini
3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
2 Tblsp. fresh minced cilantro
1. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium sized stew pot with a lid. Brown the chicken pieces over medium heat for about three minutes.
2. Pour the jar of Larry's Chipotle Sauce over the chicken, stir, bring the mixture up to bubbly, reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done to your liking.
3. Add the zucchini and corn to the stew, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Serve with plain boiled rice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Simply add your comment to this post answering this question: What is your favorite Southwestern or Mexican food? Winners will be chosen by Larry himself.
Hurry. Contest ends on May 1st.
Three winners will be announced on May 1st and Larry will ship a 3 pack of sauce to the lucky winners anywhere in the US or Canada. Buena Suerte!
Monday, April 9, 2012
Larry's Southwestern Chipotle, Mole and Ranchero Sauces are now available ONLINE at AMAZON.COM.
Larry's Southwestern Sauces are all-natural Mexican cooking sauce to make award-winning chili, tacos, enchiladas, burritos, huevos rancheros, chicken mole, chipotle nachos or to simmer your favorite meats and seafood in. Larry's sauces are vegetarian, gluten-free and delicious.
If you like Mexican food, you'll love Larry's Southwestern Sauces.
Monday, April 2, 2012
Chiles Rellenos – These are essentially long green chili peppers stuffed with cheese, battered and fried in a little oil until browned. Serve as is or in a pool of Larry’s Southwestern Chipotle Sauce.
Eight canned long green chili peppers
Eight chunks of Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese, approx 1/4" by 1/4 " by two inches.
1/2 unbleached wheat flour or fine corn flour
Four fresh eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Larry's Southwestern Chipotle Sauce or your favorite chipotle enchilada sauce
1. Place the green chilies on a cutting board. Make one slit lengthwise in the side of the pepper and clean out the seeds.
2. Place a piece of Monterrey Jack cheese into the pepper and close the pepper.
3. Dredge the stuffed pepper in flour and set aside.
4. Separate the eggs and the yolks from four fresh eggs. Whip the whites until firm and stir the yolks until blended. Stir the yolks into the whites.
5. Heat ½ cup vegetable soil in a large skillet until hot but not burning. (350’) Dip the dredged stuffed peppers into the egg mixture and lay them into the hot oil. Brown on one side, turn them over and brown on the other. Repeat until all the stuffed peppers are cooked.
6. Serve them as is or lay them in a pool of heated Larry’s Southwestern Chipotle Sauce.